What information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of information:
- Log information – When you access VoiceVault via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify you, your browser or your account.
- Information from third parties – Occasionally we may receive personal information about you from third party sources including partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and publicly available sources such as social media.
- Information about children – Our site, demo applications and developer trials are not intended for or targeted at children under 16. While we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16, if you believe we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us (via one of the methods below) so we may delete the information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To promote relevant solutions – your information helps provide you marketing communications which are specifically relevant to you.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
How long do we keep personal data?
We will keep information for as long as you wish to continue corresponding with us and thereafter for as long as required to meet our business, legal, or regulatory responsibilities, typically five (5) years.
Who do we share your personal data with and how?
To better service you and your requests, data is securely shared with:
- VoiceVault employees who are required to process such data as part of their job functions.
- Third-party service providers when utilized for the facilitation and support in the provision of services. This includes: IT support service providers; CRM and marketing software service providers; hosting service providers.
What is our legal basis for processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)?
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, normally:
- Only where we have your consent to do so.
- Where we need the data to perform a contract with you. We will make this clear and advise you if the data collection is mandatory.
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
What are your data protection rights?
Under current legislation, inclusive GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed of how we use your data.
- Right of access for confirmation whether we process any of your personal data and if so what data we hold.
- Right of rectification to ensure the data we hold is correct.
- Right of erasure / right to be forgotten upon request (via the contact methods below) for removal from our database.
- Right to restrict processing of further usage of your data. We will still keep your information, however, you will be added to a restricted list to ensure your choice is respected.
- Right to data portability for the purposes of data processing/communication preferences.
- Right to file a complaint if you feel we have violated any of your geographically relevant data protection regulations. Contact details for EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the U.S. and Canada may be found here).
- Right to withdraw consent (via the contact methods below) for those individuals who have previously granted consent.